Fire Warden Training Course
This half day Fire Warden training course trains participants to deal with fire on an emergency basis. It emphasises the dangers of fire, the importance of prevention, and the necessity of urgent action when fire breaks out.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- list their duties as Fire Wardens
- describe the chemistry of fire
- identify fire hazards in the workplace
- use and maintain portable fire extinguishers
- assist in the management of evacuation procedures and drills
- Course introduction and objectives
- Legislation relating to Fire
- Theory of fire and fire extinction
- Chemistry of fire
- Practical demonstrations of fire hazards
- Spread of fire
- Smoke behaviour
- Classification of fires
- Ignition Sources
- Portable fire extinguishers – Theory
- Portable fire extinguishers – Practical
- Fire prevention evacuation procedures
- How to make evacuation realistic
- Duties of a Fire Warden
- End of course Discussion and Review
This course will be conducted by a Fire Officer who has extensive experience in conducting fire training.
- Duration: 4 hrs.
- Location: Your workplace.
- Facilities: Indoor seating area and an outside area of at least 25 sq/m of hard-standing, at least 5m away from any combustible material.
- Capacity: up to 12 people per course.