Fire Extinguisher Training
We offer a Fire extinguisher training course that will immediately improve the quality of fire safety in your workplace by providing your employees with the knowledge and training to correctly select and safely use a fire extinguisher, fire blanket and fire hose reel.
The course is comprised of an indoor session with PowerPoint presentation of modules using projector and screen and an outdoor training session where all employees will have an opportunity to use fire extinguishers on a live fire in a controlled environment.
The Fire Safety Awareness course will raise consciousness concerning the threat posed by fire to the continuity of your business. It will support an essential part of your legal responsibilities by providing specific levels of fire safety training.
Experience Counts – Fire Costs
It will also raise awareness concerning the behaviour of people in a fire, emergency fire evacuation procedures, the prevention of an outbreak of fire and the appropriate action to take in the event of a fire. The business focus will be tailored to suit your specific requirements and circumstances, i.e.: residential care, hotel, office, industrial, etc.
The objective is that at the end of the course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the fire precautions that are built into your workplace
- Recognise the hazards and the threat posed by fire to people, property and jobs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire
- Understand their role and action to be taken in respect of:
- Discovering a fire
- Raising the alarm and action upon hearing the alarm
- Correct method of calling the brigade
- Duration: 2.5 hrs.
- Location: Your workplace or external venue.
- Facilities: Indoor seating area and an outside area of at least 25 sq/m of hard-standing, at least 5m away from any combustible material.
- Capacity: up to 12 people per course.